Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Patience is a virtue


Here we go, again. This morning I went to the fertility doctor to check to see if I’m ready to ovulate. Not yet. My nurse said that I will probably be ready on Friday. So, in a few days I’ll go back and get another ultrasound and more bloodwork. If all goes well, the procedure should be on Saturday. More waiting…

Small Fry Daycare is where I attended preschool. Much like many other preschools, we put on a holiday show. Despite the fact that this was 25 years ago, I remember my part in the show very clearly. How strange is that? At one point in the show, I had to walk up to the baby Jesus in the manger, place some hay in it, and say, “Patience is a virtue”. Now, two words that I teach my students come to mind: irony and foreshadowing.

Irony comes to mind because I’ve never been a patient person. I’m anxious and can’t wait for anything whether it be good, bad, happy, sad, etc. So, I guess my part in the play wasn’t like having a wish granted or anything because baby Jesus did not bless me with patience. Foreshadowing then comes to mind because I need to practice this “virtue” more than ever right now. My patience has certainly been tested over the past year. They say that good things come to those who wait, but how long is this wait supposed to be?  

Positive thinking, though!!! My husband and I are excited for this IUI. And I’m trying to channel my preschool self, “Patience is a virtue”.

No comments:

Post a Comment