Sunday, January 8, 2012

IUI and signs

And so it begins...

My husband and I went this morning for our second IUI. We both feel very confident and positive. We have so many people sending us thoughts and prayers and it means so much to us. We are so lucky to have so many caring people in our lives both near and far from us.

On our way to the clinic, our wedding song came on the radio (Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis) and so immediately (as dorky as I am) I reached for Dennis' hand and squealed, "It's destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". I, of course, got emotional and started thinking about our wedding, our love story, our struggles with conceiving and how much we want this. I took it as a good sign, though. PLUS... it's Elvis's birthday. Anyone who knows me also knows how much I love The King. Just another sign, I think. When you go through struggles like this, I think you cling to anything you possibly can. I've always been big on signs and things like that, anyway, but like I said, going through things like this kinda makes you a little desperate (crazy?).

This IUI was different from the others I've had so far. My nurse told me my cervix was really far back so it took her a few different times and she used a few different instruments to get there. As I'm typing this now, hours later, I'm still feeling major cramping from it. Oh well, it'll all be worth it if we get that baby!

For this IUI, I asked my husband to come into the room with me. It felt special. Maybe it wasn't the type of special moment that people have when they create a baby conventionally, but my husband and I have never been conventional, anyway.


I know this baby would get here a lot sooner if it would just realize how much it's going to be loved. Here's to the 2ww... starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment