Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School... For Real This Time

I'm so exhausted! Today was my first day with the kiddies and I'm definitely feeling it! I was fine throughout the day and even on my way home, but once I got home I was done. I guess my body isn't used to not being able to sit and put my feet up whenever I want. Just gotta get back in the swing of things, I guess.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. The kids were well-behaved and cute. When I told my first period class that I was pregnant they all clapped for me. Precious little things. It was hilarious because I just kept thinking "if they only knew!".  I felt so much better being at school than I did last year. It was so challenging for me to be there mentally when I was constantly somewhere else.

After school, I had to go get some lab work done for my new doctor. As I was leaving, I said to the babies, "you guys have no idea how much blood and urine have been taken from my body and no idea how many needles have been in me and how many appointments I've been to". Then I started to cry because I remembered that it's been just about a year now since I made the phone call to the fertility clinic. I rubbed my belly and told the babies they were worth all of it. We're very lucky to be where we are one year later... two happy people anxiously awaiting the arrival of two little sweeties!

No comments:

Post a Comment