Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sleep and Advice

I just have to share this exciting news: I slept for 5 hours straight last night!!! It was incredible! I have not been sleeping at all lately. Some nights my hips hurt, some nights my back hurts, some nights I have a headache and for some strange reason, on the nights I feel fine I still don't sleep. On the nights I feel fine, I'm usually awake between 2-5. Like, wide awake. When people ask me how I'm feeling I usually say that I'm feeling pretty good. If they seem like they want a little more info, I usually tell them I'm just having trouble sleeping. I really wish people would PLEASE STOP telling me "just wait until the babies are here". Duh.

It's become evident that some people think that because I've never had a baby before, I must be a complete idiot and need ALL of their advice. I don't mind advice, in fact, it's welcomed! I'm going to need a lot of help. However, I am not an idiot. I know I'll need a lot of diapers, thanks. I know that I won't be leaving the house for months, thanks. I know that I will not be sleeping, thanks. Oh yeah, and I definitely know that I'm having twins and I need to prepare. I'm not trying to sound like a bitch. I'm not trying to scare people off from giving me advice. Sometimes current moms tend to act like they are better than those without children because they've been through it before. Yes, you know more than me and I would love advice on what I need help with, but please stop acting like first time moms or people who aren't pregnant are complete morons that desperately need your training. It's condescending.

Everyday I'm getting more excited to meet these little sweeties. I also feel more pregnant everyday! Still no weight gain (which is awesome!) and we're at 16.5 weeks now! Don't be in too much awe, I was overweight to begin with so I've been working to lose weight to balance everything out. Not by intense cardio or starving myself... just by trying to stay active and eating better. So far it's been working, however, within the past week or so my appetite that had been suppressed for a while has come back. The good thing is that school is starting back up in just a few days and I'll be back in a routine. That should help with the appetite because I'll just have smaller, healthier things throughout the school day.

Anyway, no doctors for another few weeks and no ultrasound for another month. We can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment