Saturday, December 29, 2012

Article Published and a Little Step Back



Before we went to sleep last night, I decided to check the site for a local newspaper. It was there! Our article had been published. This morning Dennis went out and bought six copies of the Daily Southtown. Here is the link to the article: http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/lifestyles/vickroy/17011923-452/vickroy-local-families-thankful-2012-was-year-of-miracles.html. In the actual paper article, we made the front page! It was a happy morning for our little family. I’m excited to put the papers in the babies’ scrapbooks.

My happiness lessened when we called to get an update on the babies and Violet’s nurse told us she hadn’t taken all of her bottle this morning. She was really on a roll. She had taken everything for almost 48 hours so they were getting ready to remove the feeding tube which is a HUGE step towards coming home. I’m just so sick of these highs and lows. Trust me, I know it could be much, much worse. But, this is getting old. I don’t want to go to the hospital today. I want to hold my babies and love them and cuddle them, but I do not in the least bit want to make the drive to the hospital, circle around the parking garage, make our way to the labor and delivery floor, check in with security, put on a gown, scrub in, get updates, find “comfy” chairs, deal with cords and wires, and finally settle in to enjoy the babies. I don’t want to do it. Of course as I type this I’m thinking to myself everything is all worth it just for a minute with my babies. I just want them home.

Cameron is doing better with his breathing. This morning when I called he was at 1.5 liters for the flow and 24% oxygen. That’s better than it’s been so far. There’s still no date for his surgery. My little guy is getting so big and cuddly. Cameron is about 6 lbs!!!
I just feel like this part of our lives is never going to end. People always say that soon it’ll be a distant memory and it’ll feel like it was such a small part of our lives. I know we’ll never feel that way. I will never forget the way it feels to kiss my babies goodbye every single day. Or what it feels like to walk in to their room and wish so bad that they were there. Or go to bed every night wondering how they are doing. Or wonder if they know I’m their mommy. Or if they wonder why their mommy and daddy aren’t there for them all of the time. I will never forget any of it… not a single high, not a single low.

Every day I hope that they dream of us. I hope that they know how much I love them and how much my heart aches for them constantly. If they don’t know now, I’m going to spend the rest of my life proving it to them. Our time in the NICU seems never-ending and I know it’ll be the exact opposite when they come home. I know time will THEN fly by and I’ll be begging and wishing that time will slow down so I can savor each second that I get to be with them. They are without a doubt the best things that have ever happened to me. I can no longer imagine a life without those two precious angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment