Sunday, May 12, 2013

First Mother's Day




My first Mother’s Day was perfect. I woke up to TWO happy, smiling babies babbling in their room and waiting to be picked up. My heart melts every morning when I go into their room because they get so happy to see me. It’s so adorably precious.

After we fed the babies, Dennis gave me my gift from him and then one from Cam and Violet. From Dennis, I received two Pandora charms—since October has two birth stones, he got one of each for the babies. Then, he gave me my gift from Cameron and Violet and it couldn’t have been more perfect. It was a 3 picture frame. In the middle was a collage of the babies and on each side their handprints. It’s already hanging in the bedroom so I can see it before I go to sleep and when I wake up. He really did a great job for my first Mother’s Day.

We went to my sister’s for the day (sorry you were so sick, Amy!) and had a nice time.  It’s amazing to watch our family grow and by the end of this coming October it will grow even more. I can’t wait to meet my new niece or nephew, but I already warned him or her that coming out at 26 weeks is just unacceptable.

So many times throughout this day, I would just look at the babies and my eyes would fill up with tears. I’m such a lucky woman to have been blessed with Violet and Cameron. I wouldn’t be half the mom I am if I didn’t give credit to my awesome mom. My mom has done nothing but work hard her whole life both inside and outside of the home to give us everything we could’ve ever needed or wanted. She’s caring, loving, hardworking, patient, selfless and just plain awesome. Not only would I have no idea how to be a mother without her, but I honestly have no idea how I would’ve made it through the past year without her. When we were trying to get pregnant, when I was pregnant, when I was in the hospital, throughout our hospital stay, and now that they are home, she has been here for me every single step of the way. I’ve tried to tell her how much I appreciate her for it, but I don’t think she’ll ever really understand the depth of my gratitude.

To all the moms out there-thanks for warning me about how tough this would be… oh, wait… you didn’t really. Haha. God bless every single hardworking and loving mom out there. It truly is the toughest job in the world, but also the more rewarding.

To all the moms-to-be—it’s no joke. This shit is real and it’s crazy and it’s hard. No one is kidding about it. They aren’t exaggerating. Best of luck with this amazing experience… it’s worth it. And you will thank God for every single second with your angel.

To all of the hopeful mommies-to-be- I’ve been there. It sucks. It’s painful and sad and disappointing. But if and when it happens, as soon as you see your baby on your first ultrasound you will no longer be angry that you had to struggle. You will appreciate everything so very much and you will be a better mommy because of it.

Love to all of you wonderful women.

No comments:

Post a Comment